STAR AVIATOR® MEETS AND OR EXCEEDS FAA SPECIFICATIONS - P-627, 628, 630 & 631
STAR AVIATOR® is designed as a premium grade, Refined Tar emulsion (water based) sealcoating that is superior to other conventional FAA mix design sealers. STAR AVIATOR®, as supplied, already contains the rubber necessary to meet FAA specifications. The rubber is “Hot Blended” during the manufacturing process to ensure that it is properly fused into the Refined Tar. Cold mixing simply does not achieve the same level of bonding to the tar particles. The superiority of STAR AVIATOR® has been well established in the field for nearly two decades. STAR AVIATOR® has been certified by an independent testing laboratory and compliance certification to FAA specifications is available upon request. STAR AVIATOR® has toughness and flexibility at all temperatures as well as resistance to kerosene, gasoline, oil, chemicals and de-icing salts. The combination of state-of-the-art technology in manufacturing and raw material selection.
- A Unique Product – No other product on the market has employed this unconventional, but highly effective manufacturing approach, yielding far superior performance than conventional FAA mix designs.
- Excellent Durability – STAR AVIATOR® delivers outstanding performance demanded by engineers adhering to FAA specifications.
- Superior Flexibility – Ability to bridge minor surface (non-working) cracks in the pavement to eliminate water penetration and extend the life of runway, tarmac and apron surfaces.
- Dries to an appealing dark charcoal color that enhances the visibility of airfield markings. Snow removal becomes easier and runway markings last longer.
- Allows Mix Design Consistency – Rubber is the most critical component in FAA mix designs. Factory blending of the rubber in STAR AVIATOR® assures the accuracy of the mix.
Many contractors know that many airport projects requires sealcoating systems to meet certain performance criteria, prior to use on the project. Sealcoating professionals are struggling with mix designs and pre-qualification tests. FAA projects are, in general, considered bothersome with too many requirements and controls. Due to the uncertainties with FAA specifications, rejuvenators have encroached aggressively upon sealcoating projects in recent years.
Not Any More! No on the job mixing - No more drag boxes required!
Mixing is hot blended at the factory, superior mixing technology means product characteristics exceeds all FAA specifications.FAA Certified by independent laboratory.