STAR MICRO-LOCK® REINFORCES AND ADDS SUBSTANTIAL BENEFITS TO ASPHALT EMULSION SEALERS
STAR MICRO-LOCK® is a true rubberizing, A/B (Acrylonitrile/Butadiene) latex based additive that significantly improves the performance of Asphalt Emulsion (AE) based sealcoatings. STAR MICRO-LOCK® reinforces sealcoatings in the most desirable aspects of toughness, flexibility, viscosity for sand suspension and overall resistance to many chemicals and de-icing salts. Outstanding properties include:
- Toughens the sealer film and improves tensile strength thus reducing power steering marks, scuffing and tearing. Improves flexibility and adhesion of the cured sealer film to the existing surface. Improves chemical resistance of the cured film.
- Improves flexibility and the ability to bridge minor surface (non-working) cracks in the pavement to eliminate water penetration and extend the life of asphalt surfaces.
- Boosts the viscosity of the diluted sealer and enables it to suspend large quantities of sand effectively and uniformly. Eliminates sand roll out, and the streaky appearance of a cured coating. Finished jobs will have a more uniform-textured appearance.
- Speeds up the drying time of sealcoatings.
- The addition of STAR MICRO-LOCK® can allow an Asphalt Emulsion mix design the ability to meet specifications similar to that of FAA.
- Based on a polymer-emulsion; safe to handle and use. No health hazards have been reported.