STAR RUST ARREST
STAR RUST ARREST
STAR® RUST ARREST™ RUST INHIBITING SPECIALTY PRIMER/COATING
STAR® RUST ARREST™ is a specialty coating that is used for asphalt surfaces riddled with rust spots and streaks. It hides and significantly retards the continued rusting of “pyrites” (iron bearing aggregate) in the pavement. Without the use of STAR® RUST ARREST™ rust spots erupt even through sealcoated surfaces. These eruptions eventually allow salt and moisture to penetrate into the asphalt surface causing damage to the pavement, which manifest as cracks, and pot holes. STAR® RUST ARREST™ dries to a black satin finish that will not only protect but also beautify the pavement. STAR® RUST ARREST™ is a pavement maintenance product that will act as an important part of your regular pavement maintenance schedule providing two distinct benefits - protection of the asphalt surface and prohibition of the staining and damaging rust deposits in iron contaminated asphalt surfaces.
- Will prevent rust spotting and improve surface appearance.
- Is easy to use. Use straight from the container with conventional tools.
- Dries in 30 minutes, Cures in as few as 2 to 4 hours.
- Use as a black coating by itself or as part of a system and apply traditional sealcoating after treating the rust spots.
- Use as an affective primer over striping to black out existing traffic controls and lot lines.
- Dries to rich black satin finish.
- Safe to store and easy water clean up.
STAR® RUST ARREST™ is recommended on all asphalt surfaces with rust spotting problems; parking lots, airports, gas stations, home driveways, schools, malls, etc.